16/01/15

Top 5 Nickelback Songs to Make You Love Them Even More


Top 5 Nickelback Songs to Make You Love Them Even More - What can you say about Nickelback that hasn't been said before? What about the top Nickelback songs? Do you love them? Despite the fact that there are a significant number of "haters" out there, they continue to be one of the biggest bands in the world, and their song writing seems to be something that most people can identify with. In this article, I'll sum up my five personal favorites from them, and tell why I like those particular songs, so that maybe you might consider their songs in a different way.



Now I'll be honest with you. I'm a musician, and at one time I was a "hater" as well. It really must have been jealousy speaking or something because after a while, I joined a Nickelback Tribute band playing the character of "Chad" and did I ever receive a quick lesson as to how good those guys really are. I personally had not only underestimated the vocal chops of Chad, but I also came to realize that his ability to sing and play guitar at the same time, in particular the fairly complex parts he plays, was second to none. In short, I ended up developing a whole new respect for Chad and the rest of the guys from Nickelback as a whole, and frankly, it didn't take me too long to really start liking their material a lot.

So here, although in no particular order, are my top five Nickelback songs that I like to hear, along with the reason I like to hear them. Hopefully my opinions will help you to become a fan of these guys as well:

Something In Your Mouth - I really came to love this song because of the main guitar riff, and as I learned to sing and play it, I especially loved the way the vocals were overlaid on that riff, especially the chunky eighth note shots.

Far Away - Quite simply, this is one of the prettiest songs ever written. I love the melody of this song, along with the message. The orchestration in it is beautiful as well and I know first- hand how difficult it is to sing, so Kudos to Chad for pulling it off.

Animals - Who doesn't like this song? Most songs that have anything to do with drinking and partying tend to be loved by the masses and that's no exception for this song. But I have to be honest, for me it's not the content of the lyrics that does it, but the dropped "D" tuning of the guitars and the absolutely stellar drumming of Daniel Adair in this song. He rocks every song really but this song is what I feel to be one of the best examples of his very impressive drum chops, without over-playing the song.

How You Remind Me - This for me, like for most people, was the first song by Nickelback that I came to know and love. I played in a band at the time and we covered this song. When we played it, it was a song that you could actually "feel" and audiences loved it. Nice easy riff, but I especially like the instrument stop at the end of the song where Chad is singing the lyrics by himself. A very nice touch and everybody loves to sing those lines too.

Savin' Me - Probably my fave tune by Nickelback. I can remember learning it on guitar and although it's not exactly hard to play, it really wasn't too easy to play either, nevermind play and sing at the same time. But the real beauty of this song is that it has power like almost no other song ever. The orchestration in this song makes this song so powerful and I absolutely love the melody line and story line of this song. For some reason it makes me think of a super hero fighting for his own happiness or something like that. This song is amazing though.

In the very unlikely event that you haven't heard these songs, check them out and do so with the points above in mind. These songs in my opinion are the top Nickelback songs. Nickelback is really quite an amazing band and although it's clear that they're commercially successful, I believe that they're often under-rated at the same time. Their songs are catchy and well written, and they speak a language that most of can relate to.

Posted by: Zazkia Mecca
Berita Terbaru, Updated at: Jumat, Januari 16, 2015

Top 5 Nickelback Songs to Make You Love Them Even More Reviewed by Surya Erlangga on 16/01/15 Rating: 4.5